All-Ukrainian Sanctuary of the Mother of God of the Holy Scapular
The Barefoot Carmelite Monastery in Berdichev – the sanctuary of the Mother of God of St. Scapular. The magnificent architectural complex with defensive walls, towers and a magnificent church was laid in the XVI century. like the castle of Tyszkiewicz, who owned these lands from the XIV century. In 1630, the voivode Y. Tyshkevich, after his miraculous rescue from Tatar captivity, presented the castle to the Catholic Order of the Barefoot Carmelites. The main shrine is the miraculous icon of the Mother of God of Berdichev, handed to the monastery by Y. Tyszkiewicz.